NumBool (number + boolean) is the digitised version of a two player pencil and paper game, similar to battleship. Each player picks a number consisting of five different digits. Taking turns, players try to guess each other’s number in the exact order it is written.
- Real-time multiplayer, making use of WebSockets and GraphQL subscriptions.
- Referee microservice, which negotiates the client input with the database.
- General and customized leaderboards with the help of Postgres functions.
- Both of the players pick a number made up of five different digits.
- The player that guesses the opponent’s digits in the exact order wins (tie is also a possibility).
- The guesses are compared according to the following algorithm:
- If the guessed digit appears in the hidden number in the correct spot, it’s represented with a plus.
- If the digit appears in the hidden number, but in a different spot, it’s represented with a minus.
- If the digit does not appear in the hidden number, it’s not represented.